Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patricks Day




My dog is a beagle hound mix. My fiance and I went to get a cat (we had temporary lapse of judgement) but instead we found this god damned hound. He is a bad ass and his name is Murphy. I wanted to name our first dog Robocop, but the ASPCA had already named him Murphy. Murphy is a good name, and Robocop's name was Murphy before it was Robocop... So it's a win win.
With a name like a Murphy you would assume he would be down with the St. Pats day. He is not, and you would be an ass for thinking that. you know what he is doing right now? Sleeping. You know what he is going to do later? carry around his squirrel, chase birds, bark at loud ass kids and other dogs that think it's okay to walk by Murphy's front porch. Murphy won't take that shit from some trifling ass dog or kids.
Murphy doesn't get St. Patty's day. To be honest I dont really get it either. it's got something to do with food and drinking, so I am not going ask any questions and put guinness in everything I make today. Murphy will do nothing differently, and he will be perfectly happy about that.

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone "get" St Patrick's day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Americans who "have" Irish "Ancestry" think they do. but no. no one gets it.

    ReplyDelete